Sunday 22 January 2012

A Very Clever Man & Other Things

So, as my earlier post mentioned, I've only gone and discovered quilting. Not what I would describe as 'fuddy-duddy' quilting but modern and beautiful quilting. Clean lines, simplistic yet complex and fabulous fabrics. To me that is a recipe for a wonderful quilt.

My main source of inspiration is a man called Kaffe Fassett. He is an amazing textile artist. Just google image him! As I am new (and slightly ignorant) to the world of quilting and fabrics I didn't realise that he also did a range of fabrics, which makes sense really. I only realised this when browsing his website and I saw that I had some of his fabric! I bought mine from Patch Fabric and  Haberdashery.


I was always slightly dubious about buying online as I wasn't sure if you could see the colours properly but in my experience of shopping at Patch, yes, yes you can! The fabric is of the best quality, orders are processed very quickly (I ordered at 3pm and received the order the next morning) and the fabric ranges are exactly the quirky and kooky style I favour.



How sweet is this Kaufman deer print? I unashamedly required that image from the Patch website. Here are some images of Kaffe's quilts to get you drooling...







Oh, the possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. I love his work - I'd love to make up one of his quilts one day. As for Patch, it's a brilliant shop - she has such lovely fabrics. Thanks for popping onto my blog, and for your lovely comments. xxx

    ReplyDelete