Thursday 5 April 2012

Ribbons, Trims and Projects on the Go

So I've generally been a bit caught up in life recently - who hasn't?! I've been busy buying, planning and making though so not all has been lost! I seem to have a little issue though with buying ribbons and trims. I buy them because I love them but yet nothing much seems to happen with them and I take them out only to admire them! It's a good job the husband is neither interested or even pretends to care at my shopping habits! Hooray for that.


I just thought I'd show you a selection of my favourite bits. Some jubilee themed from my Lovely Mama, some sparkley and some just because. If anybody has any suggestions on what I could do with them, I'd love to hear them! I've also started Quilt Number Two.


Just thought you could see a work in progress. I've sewn roughly half the rows for the quilt. I did have the other half neatly arranged in order to be sewn but my darling child thought it would be fun to have a sort of confetti-throwing-but-really-using-quilting-squares play session. Still, at least he felt involved. Or something.

I've mentioned before that something which always inspired me is nature. I love bring the outdoors, in. A couple of summers ago I found some flat pebbles at the beach. They were fairly unremarkable as far as pebbles go but they stacked on top of each other really nicely. I carefully selected a few that decreased in size and took them home. I thought it would be a bit lovely to pretty them up a little so I decopatched them!

 It's a lovely activity to do with children too and toddlers love to stack them up different ways.


So, that's a little bit of what I've been doing just quietly getting on with.

No comments:

Post a Comment