Friday 18 June 2010

Bunting, Beads & Beach Huts

Last week a friend asked me if I would make a piece of bunting for a new baby girl. All she said she wanted was something sweet and in pastel colours. I decided on a sweet bird idea and drew a free hand bird template. Sometimes when I try to overcomplicate things they tend to look a bit messy and the look I wanted was sleek and simple and hopefully something that could be kept and used for a few years at least!


The picture doesn't really do it justice but you get the general idea!


 Each bird has a tiny glass bead eye so they can see to catch all those worms...


On the back of one of the flags I stitched the baby's name on to make it more personal.

After the bunting some more post arrived for me...


One thousand buttons for hours of fun! I love to customise my makes with buttons but don't do so often because I bought my buttons from my local haberdashery shop at 10p each. It doesn't sound a lot but when you're making items to sell, those 10p's add up and it pushes the price up. Ebay is definitely the place to bulk buy buttons :)


 I also found this beauty. Lovely beach hut fabric from Clarke & Clarke. I'm not sure what to use this for - any ideas? I thought maybe some drawstring bags for boys (or girls), or maybe some cushions or even bunting although the pattern may not be shown to it's best advantage.

Have a lovely afternoon all, I am going to go and dream about beach huts by the sea...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment