Thursday 14 January 2010

And...breathe...

Have you ever had one of those days where it's a case of 'blink and you miss it'? I think I had one of those today. All I did was rush around, busy busy busy. Of course, I did manage to get lots of little jobs done that had simply mounted up. But now I'm tired and I didn't get anything creative done today. I think that I would rather have been here though...

That is Mermaid Street in Rye. I love it. The houses all have really funny names, there is 'The House With Two Front Doors' - it does indeed have two front doors. There is also 'The House Opposite' which is opposite The Mermaid Inn. I would really recommend a visit to Rye, it's a very fascinating place. We went for a few days after our wedding in August '08.

And, it's full of lots of lovely little shops down tiny little streets. If anybody has read the Mapp & Lucia books, Tilling is a fictitious place based on Rye. Whilst we were there we picked up a few little items for our house. They have lovely galleries and such. Yes, I definitely would rather have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment