Friday 22 January 2010

Oh, theres a kitty in my basket!

Last year my mum and I had a little find in a charity shop. They were selling bags of vintage buttons roughly sorted into colours. They were just beautiful so we had to buy them, obviously, but we didn't no what to use them for. Sometimes we would take them out and play with them, sorting them out into colours and patterns but then we would put them away again, ready for the next time.

The last time I visited my mum she was showing me some antique fabrics she had found in her loft. Whilst we were sorting through the fabrics her naughty little kittens were just playing with everything, throwing themselves at the ribbons etc and just generally getting in the way. We had laid out a beautiful golden velvet fabric and picked out a handful of the lovely buttons and randomly thrown the buttons onto the fabric. It sort of looked like a little kitty had been playing in my work box!! Throw in some rich golden ribbon to set all the colours off, we thought it looked a little bit special.


The thing I particularly like about these cushions is this - it's all about the interpretation a
nd imagination of the person viewing them. We saw two little kitty's playing with pretty buttons and ribbons.


My sister saw a rainforest type scene with a beautiful pure
stream flowing through big tall trees. Make with them what you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment